New Member Introductions (3 January to 16 January)

introductions

(Madeline Gunderson) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

Also, please take 5-10 minutes to fill out our Annual Network Survey ! Your input can help us understand how we can better work together to build a movement for legal empowerment in 2019.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @helpdesk or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

(ZAN KONATE) #2

Bonjour, Tout d’abord, mes vœux les meilleurs de 2019 à tous les membre du réseau.

Vraiment le réseau est très dynamique et encourageant ! c’est vraiment un grand plaisir pour moi d’être avec vous pour l’autonomisation juridique et l’accès à la justice !

(Tobias Eigen) split this topic #6

A post was split to a new message: Pictures

(Ali Hassan) #7

Welcome on board. This is special and unique forum to enrich ourselves and community at large in legal empowerment.

Welcome home!!!

(Tobias Eigen) #8

@mwilaignatius in Zambia wrote:

thanks alot. Am from Zambia and just started my own firm in Environmental consultancy. my main objective is to focus on Environmental protection. if any activity comes up in Zambia concerning the same, my company is willing to join the campaign.

Great to have you on board, Mwila Ignatius! Next time you log into the forum, look for the :mag: where you can search for topics about zambia and the environment. I am sure you will find some great people to connect and collaborate with.

(Alexandar Pavlov) #9

Dear Madeline,

Thank you very much for your email. I have 20 years experience as a lawyer and a notary public from Bulgaria and now I pursuing legal career in Canada with my Law Clerk certification. I am particularly interested with the social aspect of your organization. I am living in Canada almost 4 years and have significant volunteer experience with marginalized people, refugees, children, native people and young offenders. The local legal industry in period of dynamic change due to the whole scale technological changes and the intensively developing economy. There are problems with the access to justice and especially with the legal rights of the native people which is very important and interesting topic. The government is encouraging the application of native legal practices and traditions for resolving legal issues. This is very exciting area and I have interest there.

I am interested with the international projects of Global Legal Empowerment Network.

I will be very happy to stay in touch with you.

Truly yours,

Alexandar

(Alexandar Pavlov) #10

Good afternoon everyone, I took the challenging road of resuming my legal career in Canada, country with very strict requirements for the foreign-trained lawyers and rigorous legal education. I have 20 years legal experience in Bulgaria, country with civil law based system and many problems with the corruption and the rule of law. I am impressed by the democratic institutions in Canada, the multiculturalism of the country (in my children’s school 65 languages are spoken) and the community based associations and groups which are helping the newcomers. Our town Waterloo accepted a big amount of Syrian refugees in 2015 and we enjoy the diverse community with so many different backgrounds. I did a lot of volunteer work since my arrival and was pleased with the inclusive and caring character of the community. I was not impressed with corporate culture in particular employers which is aimed to use their labour and I would like to pursue a career related with social and affordable justice initiatives. There are many people which need help and support - marginalized and homeless people, refugees, people with addictions, young offenders, native people and refugees. They always have many legal and law-related issues. The access to justice often is hard for them because of the high expenses and remoteness of their communities. The federal and provincial governments, many not-for-profit organizations and other entities are working to help these vulnerable people to obtain basic services including legal services. I see my role in this area and as a Law Clerk and community builder would like to contribute. I will be happy to stay in touch with other like-minded people from abroad and from Canada of course. Actually, I had a job interview today and maybe I will have exciting news soon. Thank you very much for your time, Alexandar

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step