New member introductions (3 May to 16 May, 2018)

Armelle OLINGA is a community legal field worker, interested in communities rights in natural resources governance. She has studied international disputes, and is working in the field to see good international norms implemented at the local level and to optimise them. She’s interested and engaged in communities especially indigeonous people land right’s and environment defenders. She has worked in East and South Cameroon providing legal support to environment defenders especially communities struggling with investors. Issues of dialog among stakeholders are one among others points on which she is fighting dayly.

Being part of the platform will be an awesome occasion to learn from others on issues which are still problematic in Cameroon like communities land’s rights, especially indigenous people and compensation. This lessons will be used to develop on the field new strategy to face challenges and could inform the ongoing land reform in Cameroon.

1 Like

I am human right defender interested in working in and with the community , i am a community paralegal based in Nairobi and a facilitator. I am interested in the network in order to broaden my knowledge in the legal practice and more so to share my experiences as a community paralegal and create legal awareness .

1 Like

I am involved in advocacy on women and girls issues with focus on safety in public transport sector and the associated spaces. I am looking forward to a community where justice and legal help is accorded to the survivors at the right time and with need. i am hoping to network with like minded people and grow my expertise

1 Like

I am a teacher by profession and have a diploma in NGO Management. I am a project manager of a local NGO in the interior of Bungoma County. I wish join the network so that we can move together to positively change my community. We can only improve people’s lives deep in our rural by learning from others. Its my believe that by joining the network, I am going to learn a lot and other people in the network will also learn a few things from me.

The world is a wonderful place if we share ideas and on them we grow…

Deep in the rural, our people are living a life to pity. Unless we join forces they can’t break the poverty circle that rumands them. The political leaders aren’t helping out, instead they are using this situation yo climb their ladder thus leaving them poor.

I have an idea that we can create hope to the hopeless people and make smile one day.

1 Like

Yumi Itakura is a staff attorney at Foreign Nationals and International Service Section called ‘FISS’ which is special devision of Tokyo Public Law Office to provide legal services for foreign nationals by non-Japanese languages The area of handling is various such as international divorce including DV, Hague Convention cases, labor issue such as wrongful dismissal, wage theft and sexual harassment and supporting star-up business in Japan. Since starting legal career in 2007, she has consistantly devoted herself to support the underplevileged and underrepresented people in labor issues and gender issues. Her speciality is labor law (migrant worker’s rights ) and family law. She has been committed to social activitis in many ways such as hosting legal seminer, participating international conference to espand network around the world. She is a co-founder of Japan Forum of Public Interest Lawyers.

1 Like

Thank you Sir for your encouragement. We will definitely be in touch through participation in network activities. Really, being a member of the Global Legal Empowerment Network is means a lot to us. Definitely, it will lead the way forward for us and we hope to ring the bell through learning opportunities. Once again thank you very very much.

Hi Tobias, I appreciate your invitation and acceptance of my application to be a member here. I am on advocacy on climate change related issues. Which to my surprise, I find them not taken seriously Where I am. Now justice can not be achieved if the environment is poor or bad. So with climate change, injustices are taking place , without those affected knowing nor the government having interest to address the problem. I am basically rural based, struggling to put up an office, have it equipped to be more practical. Thanks.

1 Like