New Member Introductions 31 January to 13 February

introductions
(Mohammed Aman) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

Also, The 2019 Grassroots Justice Prize: is now open for applications under the theme Celebrating Great Deeds in Legal Empowerment This prize seeks to honor the work of non-profits, social enterprises, and public institutions that have demonstrated remarkable innovation, impact, and/or sustainability in their legal empowerment work. Feel free to apply through the link below.

2019 Grassroots Justice Prize

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @helpdeskteam or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

7 Likes
(Alexandar Pavlov) #2

Good afternoon, It is a pleasure to research NAMATI and to know so many dedicated people who want to make the difference with improvement of access to legal services. I am living in Canada almost 4 years and my interest is in the area of the traditional legal practices of the native people in Canada. In the last years a process of national reconciliation is implemented by the government, the communities and the native tribes. This is long and complicated process. The rights of the native people need to be legally protected and this is problematic for many reasons. I am interested is there somebody which worked on similar project in other country or in Canada? I have legal background from my home country Bulgaria and a Law Clerk designation from Canada. Thank you very much and greetings from snowy Canada (minus 30 degree). Truly yours, Alexandar

3 Likes
(Ali Hassan) #3

Welcome @InnoChammy, @Mubula and @Pragya . It is the time to free free in this network Together we can achieve the goal of access to justice for all

3 Likes
(Charles Mubula Mopho) #4

Thank you for the welcome message. Justice is controlled by the rich and famous people of the world, and so those of us with passion to demand for justice against injustice are not funded that become injustice itself. Where can access fund?, to take my Government to court on the economic exploitation of the children of the primary and secondary schools of Rivers State of Nigeria. No where in the world are children compelled to pay tax as the governor of Rivers State, Mr Wike is doing. The poor parents are forced to pay these tax, now amounting to 45 Billion Naira. Let me also request for a global voice against this illegal collections of school fees of the government schools in Rivers State of Nigeria, everyone, add your voice to this call, to stop this economic exploitation of the children.

Thank you once again.

Charles Mubula Mopho.

4 Likes
(Larisa W Chikanya) #5

Hello good people. It is a pleasure to be part of the global legal empowerment network committed to make a difference. I am currently studying a Master in Human Rights, Peace and Development, soon i will be working on my thesis which will center on women and i will need help on the actual framing of the topic. I look forward to interacting with you guys. Lola

3 Likes
(Alexandar Pavlov) #6

Hello Larisa, Charles and Ali, I am happy to be connected with you. Maybe we can make a Skype conversation and to introduced ourselves. I am interested with the social aspect of the law in Canada and overseas and with international legal projects related to the rights of the native people. Thank you! Alexandar

1 Like
(Charles Mubula Mopho) #7

Thank you for your remarks, and extending our friendship to Skype platform. Kindly accept the option of using whatsapp platform.

Thank you once again.

Charles Mubula,

1 Like
(Alexandar Pavlov) #8

Sure. I will be happy to use Whatsup.

1 Like
(Tobias Eigen) #9

Hello everyone! I am happy to see the connections happening here. WhatsApp is a fine platform but I prefer to see the connections and conversations happening here of course for the benefit of everyone in our community. You can also start more topics to invite people to talk about specific things or use personal messages to talk privately just between a few people right here on the forum.

Whatever you decide, do share contact details in personal messages rather than in public topics, because you may not always want them up here. You never know what the future holds.

And of course please report back in the forum when you have interesting conversations worthy of sharing!

3 Likes
(Charles Mubula Mopho) #10

Hello Tobias, I love this community, but wanted a more private room to share contact information, whatsapp platform is a place you can feel the real person who is discussing with you. I think this community is good also, but it’s too public, still studying the use of this platform.

With utmost regard.

Charles Mubula.

2 Likes
(Emmanuel Chia) #11

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am elated to be part of this family and hopefully, we shall be communicating and sharing ideas. I did apply for the 2019 Grassroots Justice Prize. It was in the application process that I came to know about this forum and I do not regret it. I have tried introducing myself below, please kindly advice whether this is sufficient enough?

My Name is Emmanuel Chia; Program Officer for the Centre for Empowerment of Females with Disabilities (CEFED), Bamenda, Northwest Region, Cameroon. I am a qualified Social Worker in Cameroon and also hold a BSc in Journalism and Mass Communications and Masters in Public Health. My main interest for the past 10 years has been disability inclusion. From 2015, I have been actively involved in empowerment of persons with disabilities through formal education, sensitisations on their rights, socio economic empowerment and livelihoods. My main interest in the network is to share ideas and experiences and learn more about enhancing and promoting rights of persons with disabilities especially in communities like in Cameroon where little attention is paid to improving life for such categories of persons due to the myth surrounding disabilities. Disabilities in Cameroon is seen as a curse or punishment for sins committed and as such society poses lots of challenges for these people and their opportunities are really limited. So I am keen on seeking new ways of approaching advocacy on their rights and how to involve them into community life, ensuring their full participation.

Thank you,

5 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step