New Member Introductions (4th February - 17th February 2021)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

To know more about Namati.

To learn more and discover and sharing with Namati at large. To meet and make new friends in the work related field. To share my work with Namati and friends at large. To learn new skills of advocacy.

Via face book Was so passionate and got inspired on what Namati does. What do ,I advocate for the rights of trans vulnerable youths in my rural areas ,as well as enahancing acess to health care,and empowering them economically through hands on skills and providing a safe space for the most vulnerable transgender youth.

4 Likes

To know more about Jabulani Myeni from South Africa

To learn more and discover and sharing with Jabulani at large. To meet and make new friends in the work related field. To share my work with Jabulani and friends at large. To learn new skills of advocacy. Iā€™m currently working as an Local Economic Development/Tourism Manager. Colleagues if there is any post among your department Iā€™m flexible to move to your place please contact me.

Via face book or WhatsApp was so passionate and got inspired on what Jabulani does. What do ,I advocate for the rights of Youth Development and Community Development in my rural areas, as well as enhancing access to NGOs, and empowering them economically through hands on skills and providing a conducive environment for local development .

5 Likes

I joined Namati to be part of a community that has the same values and goals as myself. I run my company in South Africa that assists consumers who are struggling financially. We are also focussing on consumer education trying to make sure consumers understand their rights and responsibilities. In the midst of the COVID-19 financial breakdown, some financial organizations are taking advantage of consumers. This is really frustrating and I also looking for an organization that is ready to fight for the little guy.

3 Likes

My name is George ouma working with a community organization in kenya ,Iā€™m currently working on community epowerment program and paralegal matters.im here to connect with like minded persons to share and exchange good practice s and got to this network thru introduction from a friend in the USA. My organization is called dadre and wayaap. Challenges are many here in the area of need for resources and staff capacity building.

4 Likes

Iā€™m Ahmed Idarus from Kenya. I felt compelled to join the Namati family after coming across its invitation through an online platform and i instantly felt like this is the kind of place where i could not only access crucial information but also exchange opinions through the various community forums which would eventually lead to better enhancing of the CBO at which Iā€™m based .I also aim to establish continuing partnership with like-minded fellows bearing the same vision as mine. The Omari Project was founded with the objective of preventing heroine addiction and its related problems. We currently providing treatment, counselling, education and prevention activities targeting young people. The policy of our organization is to promote healthy lifestyles by offering rehabilitation and general harm reduction.

3 Likes

My name is Christiana Eguma from Nigeria. I am a peace and Conflict Resolution graduate. Am presently a member of Geol Redeemer foundation, that is involved promoting women right to economic growth and development by capacity building, grant an skill acquisition. With intra- ethic, religious and family conflict predominant in Nigeria and Africa at large, due to high level of poverty, structural injustice and economic inequality, peace has become a scarce commodity. There is need to correct the error of the past by promoting just, renegotiation and instilling a culture of Peace in the society. I can across this organization online and was happy to join to network and contribute my quota in ensuring conflict are resolved peacefully.

2 Likes

Greetings to the lovely new members,

I write this message to welcome you all to NAMATI! Such a pleasure to meet you all.

Welcome! :blush:

1 Like