New member introductions (5-20 December, 2019)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue REPLY button at the bottom.

4 Likes

Bio Idiris Abdi Mohamed is the Senior Paralegal at Horizon Institute, a Somaliland NGO working to advance access to justice and the rule of law through research, institution building and legal empowerment.

At Horizon Institute, Idiris Abdi Mohamed is part of a team of paralegals working to assist persons in police and prison detention. Their team is working to promote systematic change in Somaliland’s criminal justice system through empowering people who are detained in police stations and prisons and their families to gain justice. Paralegals work directly with detained persons and their families to know and use the legal protections afforded by Somaliland’s laws. Horizon is harnessing the knowledge gained from assisting thousands of individuals to push for systematic changes that will create a criminal justice system that is more accountable to the people it serves.

I found Namati for searching Internet webs, you are progresses Organization in the World that is prompted me to join with you.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community! I am happy to see @chelcyheroe, @dioashar, @Hesti, and @Nguyen_Tuan here, after the leadership course in Budapest two weeks ago!

@hossamjarghon, we missed you at the course. I shared your message with the participants at the opening session.

3 Likes

Welcome @idiris151. Your colleague, @caitlinlambert, attended the leadership course in Budapest two weeks ago. We hope that Caitlin/Horizon Institute’s participation in the course will be helpful to your work in Somaliland.

3 Likes

Peggy Nyambura Mburu, a lawyer based in Kenya. I found Namati through a job advertisement. I am passionate about legal empowerment through training and advocacy. I joined Namati because I like the work you do and also because I know networking works and this is a platform for networking. I am the founder of an organisation that seeks to provide shelter to women survivors of domestic violence and equip them with skills that will help them become economically empowered. The organisation is fairly new and I would like help in setting up the structures and programes for fundraising purposes. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum and to forging networks and collaborations.

3 Likes

Greetings from Chile, I am Maria Ines Miranda, entrepreneur and developer of inclusive business models, with experience in associativity and gender. I am currently developing a guide to implementing sustainable management in community forestry operations. I came to this page looking for information on community governance. I loved the contents,

Greetings to all!

4 Likes

I am Esosuo from Nigeria, member of CWSI human Rights, giving voice to the voiceless in our locality, the group is full of many challenge. I am trying to get the upper leaders when I find namati. I very much interested the the process is difficult to me now but I will work hard to make up

2 Likes

Hi everyone my name is Juan Cipriano from Entre Ríos in Argentina. I got amazed discovering the existance of a network with this commitment. I’m glad to join and to share what I may have. I came here from an international conference early back in November talking with a member (@martaalmela) and asking about Australia having current proyects working the empowerment of communities since am planning to stay there a couple of years, and she suggested coming and see by myself. As in my personal introduction, the good surprise there were people all over the place worried about getting closer the law at the clouds and people on the soil made me want to get into it and learn really how is it done on the daily in other contruies. The formation in my law school it’s kind of the opposite, worry about keeping perfect law skies for people that do not stand the soil, always seated on desks, cars or stepping on high looking flats. That way I feel it senseless being a lawyer, that’s why I’m enthusiastic with this kind of communities. Hug for all of you, it is a pleasure.

3 Likes

Hi Juan, @Cipriano @tobiaseigen @ovuevurayeesosuo @mmiranda @marlonmanuel @peggynyambura
I am happy to see you in this network. After 20 years legal practice in Bulgaria I decided to make a big move and to immigrate in Canada with the family in a quest for a more just and organized society. The Canadian legal system is conservative and difficult to get in for a newcomer like me. There are many hidden barriers but there are also many people who would like to help as well. I am interested to find and to work for international legal project which can benefit the communities in Canada or overseas. Maybe we can brainstorm together for something which can be inspiring for us. Thank you very much for your time. Alexandar

Welcome all new members

2 Likes

Hola @Cipriano, qué bueno ver que te registraste como miembro de la Red Global de Empoderamiento Jurídico!

Te invito a explorar el foro de discusiones, leer los comentarios de otrxs miembros, y compartir tus perspectivas, experiencias, etc. Como te comentaba vía email puedes visitar también la categoría “Empoderamiento Jurídico (en español)”, donde conversamos y debatimos sobre distintas temáticas relacionadas con el empoderamiento jurídico y el acceso a la justicia, y compartimos oportunidades.

Si aĂşn no lo has hecho, te invito a rellenar la Encuesta Anual de la Red 2019, donde pedimos a los miembros y aliados de la Red que nos ayuden a decidir conjuntamente los prĂłximos pasos de nuestra comunidad.

Un abrazo,

Marta

1 Like

Hola @mmiranda , bienvenida a la Red Global de Empoderamiento JurĂ­dico y a la comunidad latinoamericana de la Red!

Comparto algunos links y recursos que creo pueden ser de tu interés:

Cualquier cuestiĂłn no dudes en contactartme!

Un abrazo,

Marta

1 Like

Welcome to the Global Legal Empowerment Network, we have many Nigerian Network members here and we are available to support if there is need for further clarifications on contextual issues. Thank you

4 Likes

Marta cómo andas feliz año Sí tengo que acomodarme todavía con las tareas jurídicas ni bien pueda me engancho con la comunidad y los tópicos Muchas gracias por la consideración Un abrazo

1 Like

I have join, now that I am far from you how can i achievement my goals. It is not easy to move on in humanitarian journey in the rural areas. Trying to work with sustainable development goals. If I can be recommended to our leaders through your help and support. Our leaders are very hard to talk to. What i needed most is direction on how to make success in this journey. I believe in picture report. But for now I only have my Nysc project report with me as evidence, I need to work hard if i am given guidelines.

1 Like

Welcome to the Global Legal Empowerment Network @ovuevurayeesosuo, Its good to have you here. Keep up the good work you are carrying out in the communities. There are several ways you can increase visibility for your work which can lead you to gain support.

1. Since your organization is health related and you provide services, you may want to write to medical/ Health Associations in your state or LGA for partnerships, this I’ve found to be very effective. They may not give you money but they can volunteer members and time to promote reach for your target group.
  2. Write to companies that manufacture the medical supplies you need for an outreach or two and always remember to give feedback on how materials donated were used.
  3. Identify friends, family and community members who have interest in your cause and can support it to make little donations, this goes a long way and it helps to reach more people.
  4. Always be accountable, keep records and open it up for more volunteers to join. Wish you the best!
3 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step