New member introductions (6 December to 19 December, 2018)

introductions

(Mohammed Aman) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

Also, please take 5-10 minutes to fill out our Annual Network Survey ! Your input can help us understand how we can better work together to build a movement for legal empowerment in 2019.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @helpdesk or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

(Panagioti Tsolkas) #2

Greetings, I am excited to join this global network. At the moment, our group is working to defend a lawsuit filed with U.S. prisoners to address environmental justice concerns. More can be found out here:

We could use help getting media attention to this issue, and also securing funds to ensure its success. There is a donation link here:

If it is possible to circulate these in the network, via social media, etc, that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to learning more about what others in Namati are involved with.

Panagioti Tsolkas Organizer #FightToxicPrisons

(Briana Collins) #3

Hi Tobias!

Thanks for the welcome. I am very new to this sort of forum but am excited to have a look around. I am in my last year of law school at the moment in Australia but am going to Borneo to do some work for the organisation, Future Law, on legal empowerment of local and Indigenous communities. I have a background in community organising around the issue of climate change, especially for young people and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. I am also working on a few other projects involving trying to get young people their day in court against our government which is not taking any action on climate change, despite the fact that we’re the largest coal exporter in the world. Basically, I am here because I want to learn as much as possible about ideas for the communities in Sabah, Borneo, but also for my future career. Climate and environmental justice is hopefully going to be a lifelong pursuit of mine. Please let me know if you have any ideas of where to start!

Thanks,

Bri

(SURAJ DHENDE) #4

Jai Bhim, Namo Buddhya. My Self Suraj Arjun Dhende, i am from Belsar Near Pune. I have done my all social work without any funds. I have made my Self Funding. I studied Namati org, I Was felt very nice work, I felt passionate about society and I also like social work to do. However, I hope that i humbled request you to be given a chance to get involved in our org. I am always ready to give my full time for our Org and for social work. Let’s know, Suraj Arjun Dhende.

(SURAJ DHENDE) #5

Sir I Like Social Work, I Like To Join NGO, I like and like to spending my whole time in NGO. dear sir i humbled request for you please join me in our Org, So i can make a good and clear social work in my all time. So plz i want your help and support.

(Jean de Dieu UWAYEZU) #6

Hello!how do you feel Eigen?i am happy to meet you.Now I am working with addicted people especially youths.Normally we work to improve health community.Thanks

(Tobias Eigen) #7

Hello Doudou! I am fine. Thank you so much for asking! :sunflower:

It’s a pleasure to have you in our community. I recommend you look at the #health category in the forum and the how-to resource guide below.

(SURAJ DHENDE) #8

Hiii Sir I Am Working On Dalit Atrocity Prevention Act. I Am Always Able To Fighting With System Who Make On Injustice On Dalit. I’m always working to judge that community. Also Working On Human Rights.

(Tobias Eigen) #10

Hello new members! Trust you are well, and enjoying your network membership. As you enter the holiday season, can you please prioritize taking the annual survey? It doesn’t take long and is a valuable opportunity for you to give input. Consider it a gift to the network team. :star2: Here’s the direct link: https://namati.org/network/survey

If you are on twitter, you can also share the survey with your followers. We are aiming for at least 500 respondents! :rocket:

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step