New member introductions (6 September to 19 September 2018)

introductions

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @tobiaseigen or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

In solidarity,

Tobias Eigen,
Community Manager

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

Select the name starting with @ to see a popup with more details. Mention them in your reply, and they will be notified by email. I will add to this list as new members join.

(Okoye Chukwuemeka Uzoma) #2

Hello Friends,

Currently in Maiduguri, North East Nigeria, I am working with my team on seting up National Identity documentation center in partnership with National Identity Management Commisssion (NIMC) to issue National Identity cards to Internaly Displaced Persons and the general displacement affected population of the region.

Also, plans are ongoing to extend birth certificate registration for children 0-17 in the return areas of the North-East targeting 4500 childeren monthly.

(Ogwal Smith) #3

Hello, I am pleased to be here, i believe to learn more while with this network.

(Ernest Kreutzer) #4

Hello ,thank you for welcoming . Madagascar is a french speakung country ,but English also do not bother me ,we can keep English as main language for all . I hope to be fruitfull for all and the organisation with the Help of God the Great Creator .Happy week end .

(Judith Kassimoto) #5

Thank you Tobias Eigen. It’s a honor… My mission is to learn more and participate in different forum so I can be able to ensure justice for all. And I believe am in the right place. Thank you!

(MULENGA BWALYA) #6

Hi Tobias,

Thank you very much for your mail. I am a 30 year old female Zambian citizen resident in Lusaka Zambia looking for any employment opportunities within Zambia.

Professionally, I hold a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from the University of Zambia and I am passionate about using my expertise to help the vulnerable and marginalized members of the society particularly women and children. Having been orphaned at the age of 8, I faced alot of challenges and benefited greatly from social welfare programs. It is for this reason that I would like to give back and work for a cause/organisation which helps people in need.

(Faval Copedo) #7

Hola Tobias

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been given a great opportunity to do an internship with Asylum Access (AA) as a programs intern. I am in Queensland Australia and currently completing a Master of International Development, I will be doing 7 weeks in Mexico November/December this year as part of my degree requirements.

I was given Namati details by my supervisor at AA, I will be working on a couple of big projects. The first one is to review and update AA SOP’s for volunteer advocates and paralegals that support the work that AA does as well as refugees that access AA for support. I will also be developing a training plan for the paralegals at a later stage.

Any good suggestions/documents/websites etc of best practice for SOP’s for either volunteer advocates or paralegals that anyone thinks would be useful would be really helpful.

Warm Regards

Faval Copedo

(Eziborn Lofugu) #9

Hi thank you and thanks to all the team members for welcoming me to this network, many will be learned as we may continue to exist in the network.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step