New Member Introductions (April 1st 2021 - April 14th 2021)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

3 Likes

Welcome all to the friendly and passion platform

My name is YVONNE RIUNGU.I found the legal empowerment network on Google.I joined because I am a young legal practitioner with so much zeal to learn and engage with people of different mindsets,and have meaningful discussions on matters impacting our society and the world at large.

2 Likes

Karibu sana @YvonneRiungu We hope you find the engagement and sense of community you are looking for in this network!

1 Like

Hi all, it’s a pleasure to join the Network group and thanks a lot for this kindly welcome.

I’m Jade Alves, I met the Network in 2018, while I as working at THEMIS (Brazil), as a legal intern. I’m currently working as a research assistant in a project organized by NAMATI, about gender justice during the pandemic and the role of legal empowerment groups, so the Network team in this project (Luciana Bercovich and Marta Almela) invited me to create a profile in the Network to follow up the debates in here as well. I’m also a law student and a popular legal promoter (PLP), interested in gender justice, legal empowerment and right to city. Happy to be here.

2 Likes

Good morning, Am Elizabeth. Am from Nigeria. I came across this organization through social media. Am an advocate for women and girl child. My mission is to curb violence on women so that they will enjoy a healthy living in the society and the world at large.

1 Like

Hello. I am Vlora Berisha.

1 Like

I am Erebi, I work with the American University of Nigeria. Currently working on Gender-Based Violence in Emergencies which is a capacity training course organized by the School of Law in partnership with UNFPA. A colleague introduced me to this platform. Looking forward to knowledge-sharing.

Good to join this platform, your work is my work as well Gender Equality.

Good afternoon colleagues, i am very grateful for this mighty opportunity to interacting with persons of great insight especially on matters that surround communal land due to the fact that our mission is to “making land work for us all”. I have keen interest in women issues, their access to justice, and women economic empowerment.

Welcome, your mission is our focus gender equality:: "Applying UN Standards to secure women’s housing, land and property rights in the context of HIV: (1). The Interconnection between property, violence and HIV (2) The Rights at stake (3) Enforcement: Making rights real for women and (4) How to use human rights. I hope and trust that we shall be networking in this area of fighting rights for women. John Masuwa Founder/Director

1 Like

greetings house am Mohammed Zanna a trained community paralegal with Community Legal support initiatives Nigeria, JEI also the co founder and National coordinator Physically Challenged Empowerment Initiatives Nigeria a grassroot movement of people living with Disabilities across Lagos State and beyond, we just concluded a two year project with Oxfam through it voice project and trained over 50 PWDS as community Paralegals , trained over 200 PWDS in LGA Policy and Advocacy to be able to engaged with our elected representatives in different Local government areas of Lagos state, Nigeria and also trained over hundred more in media advocacy which ends with shooting a short story movie title IF WALLS CAN TALK best on a real and ongoing true life event of torture, extra judicial arrest and illegal detention of people living with disabilities not just here in Lagos state but across Nigeria, currently am on set as a Producer and Second Ad on set shooting #TheLegendOfVagabondQueen of Lagos , which talk about #ForcedEviction in Lagos state , we are on day 14 of shooting and we`ve like 15 days more of shooting. i first learned about NAMATI from a colleague who works with one of our sister Organization called Isa Wali Empowerment Initiatives and later through our supporting NGO Justice and Empowerment Initiatives and today i count myself fortune to be part of this great institution and looking forward learning more , programs like this are very crucial in building grassroots capacity to engaged and participate in the system because citizens participation is especially crucial for the advancement of any Democracy!! thank you for giving us this opportunity

1 Like

@PCEI4 Physically Challenged Empowerment Initiatives Nigeria