New Member Introductions (April 21st - May 4th 2022)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are happy to have you join the Legal Empowerment Network. This is a space to connect with fellow practitioners from around the world; keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration.

Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

This topic brings together new members. Please introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about your work and your expectations for joining the network. You can add a reply using the blue Reply button down below.

2 Likes

Success D Great: joining for the network common goals

1 Like

Hi all, great to meet you! Looking forward to networking over the coming months.

1 Like

My Name is Atty. Foday M.Kawah, I am a Liberian Lawyer and the Executive Director at Defence for Children International-Liberia.

I am responsible for oversight and coordination of all program implementation involving children at the national, local, and international levels.

I graduated from the Louis Arthur Grimes School of Law, the University of Liberia where I obtained my LL.B.Degree in Law, and a Master’s degree candidate at the University of Geneva where I am pursuing my Master of Advanced Studies in Child Rights.

Defence for Children International - Liberia (DCI-Liberia) is a rights institution that promotes and protects the rights of children and serves as a Watchdog on the Government to keep its promise. Programmatic areas include Child protection, juvenile justice, Sexual Gender-Based Violence, Women Empowerment, and the rights of girls. DCI-Liberia, a strong advocate and lobbyist for the passing of the Children’s Act into law, aims to strengthen the development, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and laws to protect children’s rights.

I have benefitted from 4 days (March 5th-8th, 2012) of Certificate training in Children’s Rights in Juvenile Justice. This training was focused on “Children’s Rights Advocacy at the International Level: strategies for attaining concrete action from the Human Rights Council and its mechanisms, and the committee on the Rights of the Child”. Conducted by the Institute Universitaire Kurt BöschGeneva, Switzerland.

2 Likes

Hi @UnyimeIsidoreUdoka @JacobSmith and @FodayMKawah thank you for joining the introduction and sharing with us your amazing work! Here are some lists of things you might find interesting to do in the forum:

• Exploring the forum and the discussions that are taking place at the moment.
  • Exploring the Resource Library , where you will find resources about legal empowerment & access to justice.
  • Exploring the Network’s Member Directory and connect with like minded individuals from across the world!
2 Likes

Your are welcome. It’s great having in the this forum.

I hope you will enjoy your stay on this platform. And hopping to learn more from you as along the way, especially in the area of child protection in Liberia.

Lossie.

Young Africans Community Empowerment Initiative, Sierra Leone (YACEI_SL).

3 Likes