New Member Introductions (July 29th 2021 - August 11th 2021)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space. Take some time to go through our community guidelines which were put in place for the purposes of improving the discussions we have in this forum.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself: How did you find us, and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? While you are at it, feel free to check out our growing library of legal empowerment resources.

You can reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

My name is MUKAMBA WATONGOKA Michel Coordinator of an NGO named World Wide Initiative for Development/ Hands for The Little(wwid/hfl) we are working in East part of Dr Congo for poor and pygmy people.

3 Likes

Dear Mutanu

I hope you are well during this coronavirus pandemic.

I am glad to see my name appearing on the members list, thank you for that.

Are we allowed on this platform to ask for links with donors who might be able to fund our programs.

Once again thank you.

Sincerely yours

Samuel Mapingure

No More Tears Zimbabwe

1 Like

My name is Samuel Baker Odong. I am a God-fearing father, husband and community servant.

I came into contact with, and learned about Namati and this network on LinkedIn. My belief in the power of togetherness and learning prompted me to join this network.

Currently, I’m focused on raising our children, supporting my wife to be the best human she can ever be, and helping my local and global community in the effort to eliminate violence against children and women in all their diversity.

I need help with quality quantitative and qualitative data on violence against children and violence against women and girls to support local advocacy for systems strengthening and increased financing of local actions in my community.

Thank you!

Stay safe - COVID-19 is real!

1 Like

Hola, mucho gusto, soy Marjorie Ordoñez de Honduras, soy voluntaria en algunas organizaciones que luchan por la protección del medio ambiente, soy maestre de educación primaria y pasante de derecho, me interesa la defensa del medio ambiente y la protección de los derechos humanos, estos intereses son un poco difíciles de desempeñar en mi país… pero espero poder hacer un cambio que mejore la vida de muchos.

2 Likes

@GABRIELMWITA GEITASAMO PARALEGAL ORGANIZATION (Tanzania)

1 Like

Hello Network!

I’m Aakriti and I’ve newly joined Namati and the Network team. Looking forward to being a productive member of this dynamic community.

3 Likes

Dear @SamuelMapingure

Access to funding is of course an important priority for many organizations. Opportunities are often shared through the forum, so I suggest you keep a close look at email summaries from the forum and log in regularly, and investigate those opportunities as they come up.

There are two topics: Recurring fundraising & grant opportunities for legal empowerment and Funding opportunities for COVID-19 response and recovery, with good leads for funding too that you can look at, and contribute to with questions or suggestions for other members.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome!

In addition to @mutanukyanya’s suggestions on funding, there are new funding sources posted in the Opportunities category regularly, so be sure to check there for updates @SamuelMapingure and @SamuelBaker.

Also, @SamuelBaker - monitoring and evaluation, and using data to support advocacy, are common topics in our community. You can find a number of resources on both evaluating and documenting impact (in the “Ensuring quality” section) and advocacy strategies (in the “Basic Skills” section) of the How to Develop a Community Paralegal Program resource guide.

And the resource library has many useful resources, like this one providing guidance on monitoring and evaluation for programs focused on violence against women and girls:

Hope that is helpful!