New Member Introductions (June 24th 2021 - July 14th 2021)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us, and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

Hello colleagues I am Nkoti Mabula and i am from Lesotho. I represent a public interest law centre named Seinoli Legal Centre; we work with communities affected by water infrastructure projects and other developments in the country. Our legal empowerment strategies are capacity strengthening, advocacy and litigation. My research in the legal empowerment area introduced me to Namati and i look forward to engaging and learning from the rest of the members how best my organisation can help the affected communities.

3 Likes

Hello everyone I am Syed Adnan from Pakistan.I am currently enrolled in doctor of veterinary medicine.I am a speaker and writer.I have secured 1st position in English speech competition in 2019.I have written a script on women rights and sexual assualt. Moreover I am a permanent member of united nations association of Pakistan.I also lead an organization which works for poor and needy people

2 Likes

I am Dr P A Azeez has been into research, academics, conservation and administration for more than three decades, after completing MSc and PhD in Environmental Sciences from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. I also holds an MBA in human resource management and MSc in Applied psychology. Since 1994, was attached with Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Coimbatore, under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, as Principal Scientist, as Senior Principal Scientist, and as Director. I have completed about 50 research and ecological assessment projects and has travelled widely. He has been exposed to almost all major habitats / ecosystems of the country. Have more than 250 scientific professional publications (papers, technical reports, books etc) and he has guided several Master’s dissertations, more than 15 doctoral researches leading to PhDs and Post-doctoral works.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, My mane Isse Mohamed From Somalia, We are currently working on a COVID-19 awareness Campain for 4 IDPs Communities and human rights violations report also we have one Primary school help for Vulnerable IDPs Children.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Legal Empowerment Network friends, even though I am not mentioned in the original post (joined one day later :woman_shrugging:t2:), I thought it would be a good place to introduce myself. I hope I don’t violate any guideline (at least not the ones I was reading).

I am humbly living in Sweden and working with non-profits to support the Polish kids from low-income families in education… 15 years ago I have started a company, where the profits were dedicated to teaching English for free. We invest all the money towards educating the young generation.

I also dedicate time to women in need (Kvinnojouren) to break the cycle of abuse… Providing legal advice, shelter, psychoterapy for women and their children. Finally, I work for an international corporation with entities all over the world - the company has swedish roots and values. Being open, honest, valuing people and their opinions, caring for the planet and catering for social change (helping with housing, refugee centers, offering jobs, courses and learning opportunies in developing countries).

Equality, access to information, education, housing, labor, change management for a greater good is very close to my heart. It is my heart. :heart:

I would like to support Namati in differnt projects, I am fluent in 7 languages, I understand the written law, I know the EU-citizenship process, I know land contracting and securing proper and sustainable (and law-abaiding!) establishment of new business units (let it be production entities, consolidation points or offices). I would like to put my skillset into use, again, for a greater purpose… and to follow my heart and help communities and people in need.

So, that’s basically me - MarGo :blush:

1 Like