New Member Introductions (March 4th 2021 - March 17th 2021)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

1 Like

Hello Everyone. My name is Nana Ama Yirrah. I am the Founder and Director for COLANDEF Land and Property Rights, a land rights organisation based in Ghana. I have been in development practice for over 25 years now. COLANDEF is 17 years. We work on land rights documentation, land policy research and policy advocacy, public education, women’s land rights and institutional strengthening. Many thanks for creating this useful platform and allowing me to join. I looking forward to learning from everyone as well as contribute to collective learning. many thanks.

2 Likes

Hi there! I am Brittany C. Vinson and I bring you greetings from North Alabama. Here are a few things about myself. With a readiness to rage, I am eager to be amongst you all.

Dr. Brittany C. Vinson, one after God’s own heart, is a voice for every girl, boy, woman and man no matter the circumstance. The Matriarch of a special needs family brutally victimized and labeled as “non traditional!”… The “resilient family” were targets of a premeditated murder that backfired! Victims of ongoing unethical acts of injustice along with insidious attacks done maliciously and murderously. Victims of discrimination, traumatized, dehumanized labeled as non traditional have widened and deepened her sense of humanity for the world in many ways. Her greatest desires are to be in the will of GOD by serving and carrying out God’s purposes. The founder/ceo of My InHERitance Ministries LLC, spreads the Gospel and secures one’s salvation. Meeting people where they are, mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, visually, and financially. With the hopes of partnering with international organizations that exemplifies humanity at home & abroad. Thanks

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I am Prosper Ahabwe 21 male, a law student at Makerere University-Uganda, a civic and Human rights activist. I am a founder member and Director of Operations of the NEW ERA MOVEMENT, A student led movement based in Uganda, aiming at general development in technology, human rights, democracy and the rule of law. We support technological innovations and inventions, and conduct public awareness on the the rule law, alongside defending human rights notably education and healthy rights. I look forward to meeting individuals and groups with common intentions so as to have a fully developing society.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network! Thank you all for joining the introduction and sharing with us your work and thoughts.

@NanaAmaYirrah land right is a big area of focus in Legal Empowerment and we have many resources in our library for practitioners that will be helpful to you!

@DrBrittanyCVinson our network brings together over 2,000 groups and 7,500 individuals, all dedicated to advancing justice. This is the right space for you to contribute and make connection. Please feel free to explore our Network’s Member Directory and see which organizations working in your region are also members of the Network!

@PROSPERAHABWE technology is definitely important, especially when we are challenged in this current pandemic. We have numerous resources in our library including our recent feature resource, Providing Legal Services Remotely: A Guide to Available Technologies and Best Practices which looks into ways on how to provide legal service remotely.

We encourage all of you to start exploring the forum and topics that are currently taking place, and join discussion with like-minded professionals!

1 Like

Hello everyone, Am Awali Waiswa Programes Manager Namwendwa-Kamuli Community, Community Based Organisation. NAKACO is a registered CBO with the mission of improving the general standards of undeserved and vulnerable population through Community based involvement and Empowering programs. NAKACO CBO programes include- women empowerment, SRHR, Ophan and Vulnerable Child Support, Environmental Protection and Conservation in Namwendwa- Kamuli District, Uganda as a whole. NAKACO CBO therefore hope to see a productive, health and Suscitainable society in Namwendwa Kamuuli District and Uganda as a whole. NAKACO-CBO is happy to be part of Legal Empowerment Network community with the aim of learning and creating friendship/partnerships. Thank you

2 Likes

Donecious from Uganda got to know about you from just around

2 Likes

Hi @awaliwaiswa and @WaiswaDonesius welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network and thank you for joining us! Our network is a community of practice for legal empowerment activists and practitioners, thus it’s the prefect space for learning and sharing! To make the best out of here, we encourage you to explore our library which have many legal empowerment resources that cover numerous thematic areas such as environment justice, women empowerment, Child/youth and health right. Also, feel free to join our current topic and start a discussion!

1 Like

My name is Aida, I am the coordinator of de Amazon Program from Derecho, Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (DAR).

1 Like

You are warmly welcomed to the platform of hope and friendly

1 Like

Hi everyone, greeting from plant resources center (prc), hanoi, vietnam. It is our pleasure to join this network/forum. Surely, people is central of society and legal empowerment is so needed to get a fair world. We are responsibilities for Plant genetic resources conservation and use for food and agriculture in Vietnam and relevant ones. We deliver strong commitments on this field. Together, we could develop a better future. We need you and you need us!!!

1 Like

You are warmly welcomed to this viable platform.