New Member Introductions (October 15th-28th 2020)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for welcome note. I found you in the search via google search. I inspired by they work you are doing, availing legal assistance to people. For last 12 years I have worked with vulnerable women and children and was really touched by the life they were going through, violence, sexual harassment, torture, grab land and many more. I came to discover that they victim of this due to lack of skills and information, therefore I established an organization addressing youth and young women challenges. Some women through training they started businesses, very unfortunately the COVID-19 pandemic has made them loose almost 60% of their income, now I have found that empowering them in digital literacy will assist them improve in their business and minimize loss. I am looking for grants to improve and start new business in modern way and partnership.

3 Likes

Hi Marta,

My name is Fred Patrick, i am a paralegal from Lagos, Nigeria. I have been a community paralegal for the past 5 years and i am also a law graduate. I am the lead paralegal with Justice and Empowerment Initiatives, my core responsibilities are providing free access to justice to the vulnerable members of the society and training of community based paralegals accross different communities in Lagos and port Harcourt in Nigeria.

I feel so elated to hear from you and thanks for welcoming me to the Legal Empowerment Network. I will always be available whenever the need arises to make meaningful contribution to move the network forward.

Best regards Fred

3 Likes

Dear Namati Staffs and members of legal Empowerment Network ,

I hope this message finds you in good health. I am Darasa Abdisa Kuma from Ethiopia, Coordinator for free legal aid center at Wollega University, school of law. I am a lecturer of law and researcher, coordinate and supervise the activities of free legal aid service for indigent societies in order to enhance access to justice. I had an experience of being judge at first instance and high court of regional state in Ethiopia I found this community service network from your website. I want to share experiences from members of this network and to have collaborations since issues of human rights could not be fully achieved by single institution. In doing so, we can enhance quality service for the Community. Our free legal aid centers render services like consultancy, writing pleadings, awareness creation and representation at court and other government institutions for Vulnerable societies such as women, children, persons with disabilities, Persons living with HIV/AIDS, IDPs/Returnees.

3 Likes

Dear @ErastoKishula, @fredadaz and @DarasaKuma, thanks for introducing yourselves and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

To start, I would encourage you to:

My name is AntĂłnio or Tony, for short. I heard of Legal Empowerement Network through one of your members, Reyno de Beer. I am a retired Electrical Engineer who worked for an international medical engineering corporate for 29 years, based in South Africa. During my travels, I witnessed much environmental damage and I met many people who were overwhelmed by the turbulent times that we live in and saw no hope for their future. I left the corporate world with two goals in mind. I was going to use my experience to help communities become more empowered and I was going to inspire people to protect the biodiversity on their doorstep.

2 Likes

Dear AntĂłnio, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

• Explore the forum and the discussions that are taking place at the moment. In particular, you can check out our #environment space!
  • Explore the Resource Library , where you will find hundreds of resources about legal empowerment & access to justice, and specific issues such as Environmental Justice.
  • Explore the Network’s Member Directory and see which organizations working in your country or region are also members of the Network!

Hi, my name is Luis. I am from Nicaragua, and finding of this network is incredible. Nevertheless, since I am a new user, I don’t know where should I start. I can see that internship opportunities can even be found here and that excites me a lot. Also, I would like to jump to discussions right now. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

2 Likes

Hi Luis, welcome to the platform of hope. You will never go wrong with this platformg. Welcome once again.

2 Likes

Thanks @fredadaz!

It is wonderful to have you on this platform. I enjoyed your presentation during the West Africa Summit - inspirational.

3 Likes

Estimado Luis, bienvenido a la Red de Empoderamiento JurĂ­dico y a la comunidad latinoamericana de la Red!

Comparto algunos links y recursos que creo pueden ser de su interés:

Dear Marta Almela, Members of Namati Staff and colleagues,

My name is Nahuel Arias Camacho and I am from Salta, Argentina. My english writing is a bit rusty now, so apologise in advance for my mistakes. I hope you can understand me despite my low level language skills. I joined Namati because I was interested in course called " Abogacía comunitaria y empoderamiento jurídico en Latinoamérica" that was being anounced by a organization called ACIJ. I cheked this and then found about Namati. Currently, I am working with Human Rights for people in jails, or homeless families here in Salta. I hope to learn a lot form you and all the justice seekers here.-

2 Likes

Dear Nahuel, thanks for introducing yourself! Bienvenido a la Red y a la comunidad latinoamericana de la Red! En mi respuesta a Luis verás algunos links de interés para comenzar a familiarizarte con la Red.

1 Like

Si los vi! Muchas Gracias.-

1 Like

Am Nsengiyumva Deogratias, am a holder of a bachelor of Arts degree in Social and Philosophical Studies of Makerere university-Kampala. Currently, am working as director and founder of a non-governmental organization Sustainable Environmental Awake (SEA) with offices in Western Uganda Kasese district.

The organization has four thematic areas of environmental conservation, community empowerment, community health and capacity strengthening. Being the accounting officer of the organization, am privileged to be part of this community discussion, hopefully that this can lead to resource mobilization and realization through network building and knowledge sharing how we have been implementing different projects back home.

Am looking forward to learn a lot and share a lot too for our communities expect a lot from our organization activities as well as the world over.

Stay safe

Nsengiyumva Deogratias.

1 Like

Dear Deogratias, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

• Explore the forum and the discussions that are taking place at the moment. In particular, you can check out our #environment and #land categories!
  • Explore the Resource Library , where you will find hundreds of resources about legal empowerment & access to justice, and specific issues such as Environmental Justice.
  • Explore the Network’s Member Directory and see which organizations working in your country or region are also members of the Network!

Hi Marta, Sidney Mbati here from kenya. I am a student of law at Catholic university of Eastern Africa based in Nairobi. Fews weeks ago I learnt about your good work through your Website and it touched my heart when I knew that the initiative avails free access to justice for vulnerable people. I have never been part and parcel of such an initiative, however I believe my dream and passion is to work with such mindsets so as to reach the vulnerable people within various communities will be much appreciated and realized through joining and working with the initiative. Many thanks for the warm welcome note. Regards.

1 Like

Welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network @SidneyMbati ! Thanks for introducing yourself. In my previous replies you can find some ideas to start exploring the discussions forum and the different opportunities and resources that the Network offers.

Hello, Noted with thanks. Regards.

1 Like