New member introductions

introductions

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @tobiaseigen or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

In solidarity,

Tobias Eigen,
Community Manager

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

Select the name starting with @ to see a popup with more details. Mention them in your reply, and they will be notified by email. I will add to this list as new members join.

(Gertrude Dyabene) #2

Dear Tobias

I am happy to be party of this movement and to also have people who have the same spirit to ensure people who do not know the law, understand even a few things about law.

Am still exploring the network i will put my questions

Currently am working on women rights, health and HIV

(Fatima Yasmin Bokhari) #3

@AliZafar - Good to see you here too! :slight_smile:

(Ali Zafar) #4

Hi Fatima, Great to see you here as well. :relaxed:

(Fatima Yasmin Bokhari) #5

Hi @tobiaseigen

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I’m very excited to be part of this amazing network. My current areas of focus is criminal justice reform, accountability for gender based violence and citizenship and legal identity (in particular of children in slums and the impact this has on education and other protections). Look forward to learning from the experience of other colleagues!

A very warm welcome to all the new members as well! :smile:

(Maliha Sultana) #6

Hi Tobias Eigen I am Malihasultana. I am working in Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (BNWLA) as a Project Head. BNWLA human Rights base organization. Our organization goal is to ensure legal justice for all women and children in Bangladesh. I am interested to join and involve your legal empowerment program. Last 2015 Namati came to Bangladesh I with them from our organization. Thanks, Malihasultana

(Touria LAAMARI) #7

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your feedback and your hospitality. I’m so happy to join you

Touria Laamari

(Lydia Bwiite) #8

thank you. it is a pleasure being apart of this global network.

(Bheki Sithole) #9

Hi All,

I am pleased to be in this space. I am from Swaziland, working with marginalized populations (key population). I am working on health/HIV and human rights issues. I am working on establishing a paralegal for these populations, especially for sex workers who get arrested often here.

Bheki

(Pamellah Morijoh) #10

thanks for receiving me in your organization we shall networking and do good work to make sure that our lands are protected.

(Rahul Kumar) #11

Dear Tobias,

We are currently analyzing the responses of questionnaires collected in the remote areas of Bihar (India).

Request :Observe the official Facebook Page of Antashchetana to get better insight and visualization of our organization.

Link: Antashchetana - Home | Facebook

Regards, Rahul Kumar (Founder & President, Antashchetana)

(Comfort Maye Chizinga) #12

Hie,

I am Comfort Chizinga a human rights activist from Malawi as earlier mentioned. I am passionate about my community and the minority groups that reside in it specifically the adolescent girls and young women. I work with Youth Net and Counselling a youth based non governmental organization that deals with rights of Youths, Women and Children. I read about this forum online when i was applying for a short leadership course from Budapest .

I joined this community because i want to learn and get the experience my fellow activist get from other communities, how they deal with challenges and get ideas on how i can make my community safe for minority groups and the like.

I hope to interact with other activists and learn more about new cultures.

Regards

Comfort

(Esther Delaire) #13

Hello everybody i’d like to know the results regarding the course. Thank you

Esther

(Nigear Ferdous) #14

Hello

greetings from me. thanks for the mail. sorry for late. i am happy to join the platform. now i am very glad to know we r open and friendly in this community. we searing each other… its my pleasure to work together.

thanks again

ferdous niger

(Mary Kathryn Sison) #15

Thank you. This is highly appreciated. I’m still feeling my way around. I actually thought I have already signed up a while back. Turns out that upon checking, it may only have been for the mailing list.

I currently have my hands full in relation to grassroots organizing efforts, as well as policy advocacy. Both are being undertaken in both professional and volunteer capacity.

I am looking forward to learning and exchanging ideas.

Thanks again!

(Comfort Maye Chizinga) #16

I don’t think they have started contacting people on the course yet. But please let me know if you hear anything.

(Chatchai Amornlerdwattana) #17

I’m Chatchai Amornlerdwattana. I am a lawyer, now I am working on ADRA Thailand in Statelessness Reduction and Community Sensitization Project. Now I’m fine if I have some problems I will contact you as soon as possible.

(ROSE NOZIPHO GIDANA) #18

Good morning colleagues,

I really appreciate your different challenges as a part contribution to this Legal Empowerment Network, it means as a Paralegal in Southern Africa am so encouraged to be more vocal for the sidelined and vuranable community.

The challenges are of great in terms of not being recognised by our Justice courts as NGO’s.

The funding of Advice Centres it’s a huge problem as our office deals with issue of housing and illegal evictions etc.

Thank you for allowing one to air her views on this platform.

Regards

Nozipho Mankazana.

(Nichapa Chanwisitkul) #19

Hi Tobias. My name is Nichapa Chanwisitkul, but you can called me as “Net”. I come from Thailand and currently I am working on legal empowerment project for Urban refugee in Bangkok. I registered with The Global Legal Empowerment Network to explore and find new ways to help the refugees community and I also open for any discussion or share any information from my program. Thank you so much for message me.

(Modester Mwasalwiba) #20

Hello My name is Modester, I am from Tanzania, I work as Human Resources Practitioner I am happy to be here. Thanks

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step