New member introductions 👋

introductions

(Mohammed Aman) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @helpdesk or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

(Muhammad Ali Azhar) #12

Thank you very much for the email, indeed i am feeling honor to be the part of such a wonderful and active network.

I am trying my level best to know as much as possible sparing some time from official assignments. However once again i am ready to share my experience with regard to making the communities and vulnerable groups legally empowered. Currently, i am engaged with a national level organization namely “Farmers Development Organization”. We are the part of two major legal networks in Pakistan which are 1. Insaf Network Pakistan (INP) 2. Peace and Justice Network (PJN), apart from this we are providing free of cost legal services to vulnerable groups includes Gender Based Violence Survivors, Minorities, Person With Disabilities and Children. We have a panel of pro-bono lawyers and a well established Legal Aid Center equipped with state of the art psychological counselling center. We collect finances from our forum’s members annual fee and through charity from local philanthropists.

I have some ideas to share with you that how we can improve Access to Justice and Legal Empowerment for communities, first is by creating a cadre of paralegals, second using social media as awareness medium for masses, thirdly we can start a global campaign of making the communities legally empowered. As a lawyer i can share my experiences that how well are the systems and how much are the forums and laws but only awareness is lacking among people, even sometimes Judges are not aware of new laws.

I am very much relax with English as language for discussion and feedback however i will also use urdu language if available. You can also share my feedback and suggestions publiclly.

Thank you once again and looking forward for more ventures.

(George Jobe) #13

Thank you for a warm welcome. My name is George Jobe from Malawi in Central Africa. I work for Malawi Health Equity Network (MHEN) as Executive Director. MHEN is an alliance of over 95 CSOs working in the area of health. I am involved in advocacy and social accountability. At the moment I am pursuing a maternal death issue, where a woman underwent a caesarean section at one of our health facilities. Her bowls were cut open by mistake, and were repaired. However, she dies four days ago.

(Mohammed Aman) #15

We are glad to hear that @Ali_Azhar and look forward to you bringing your experiences and learning to the network. Please feel free to reach out in case of anything and also scour through the expansive resource library with resources like Paralegal training manuals available for Pakistan which you could even add value to and engage fellow practitioners in discussions around.

Looking forward to seeing you in discussions.

(Mohammed Aman) #16

Hello @GeorgeJobe

Sadly issues of of negligence and medical malpractice are quite common. Recently in Kenya for example, there has been an expose about this issue in the way of the “Mugo wa wairimu” story which has gotten Kenyans outraged and talking about quack doctors and medical malpractice.

Please feel free to share how you address these issues in your context and start a discussion around it by posting a topic.

I look forward to seeing you in the forum

(Michael Otto) #17

Hi @MohammedAman- just a reminder that you can reply to both users in one post. this is really more useful when the list of responses is super long and I am sure you already know this, but wanted to throw my two shillings in somewhere. :blush:

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step