statelessness

(Freddie Kiapik) #24

Thanx

Greetings from #UGCommonwealth2005

Recd and noted with thanx from Uganda, Kampala

KKF

(McKinley Charles) #25

Hello @princeisraelorekha,

Namati does not have a presence in Nigeria but there are a number of experienced and knowledgeable members of the network working there using a community paralegal approach. Maybe you can see if some sort of guest visit or collaboration is possible? You may want to reach out to @fatimaadamu who works for Isa Wali Empowerment Initiative in Kano State or @andrewmaki who works with Justice and Empowerment Initiative in Lagos.

I would suggest you also take a look at the “How to Develop a Community Paralegal Program” online resource guide which links to a lot of different training tools and manuals (click on “basic skills” in the left-side column).

(McKinley Charles) #26

Bonjour, @GostinKyubwa,

Nous voulons traduire le guide dans différentes langues pour rendre le contenu accessible au plus grand nombre possible de praticiens de l’autonomisation juridique. L’espagnol est susceptible d’être la première langue, mais l’arabe et le français pourraient suivre s’il y a une demande! Merci de nous faire savoir qu’une version française serait utile! [en utilisant Google translate]

(Prince Israel Orekha) #28

Dear McKinley , Thanks for sharing we will go through the guilde and start planning for the setting of the paralegal studies center.

(Andrew Maki) #29

Hi Prince (@princeisraelorekha),

Good to be in touch — please send me a mail on andrew@justempower.org. Would be very happy to discuss/collaborate!

All the best,

Andrew

(Prince Israel Orekha) #30

Dear Colleagues, It is a privilege for us to sharing with Andrew, and the entire house , we want to start Namati paralegal studies center in Benin City Nigeria, to help support our citizens who are suffering from all froms victimization, oppression,and exploitation to better engage and tackle all forms injustice ,human right abuse and land grabbing challenges that they counter. We will be needing some forms support as volunteer trainer , materials and all other forms of support to help start up and Establish Namati presence in Nigeria .

Thanks

(Obore Joseph) #31

This a great and well thought out document! It has rich knowledge indeed. These are my insights and lesson from it.
After reading and understanding of the above document, this is what I learnt:

The resource contains a full documentation of citizenship and other forms of legal identity necessary for Community Based justice practitioners. It highlights various forms of discrimination arising as a result of lack of legal identity documents, data from various sources, empowerment ways and the sustainability of community based legal programming, it also highlights all the necessary legal identity documents and the impact, benefits enjoyed when one has any or all of them.

This resource can help me in my work through the follow ways;

It provides me with relevant data, statistics and documentation which can be incorporated in to my legal empowerment work. It has made me understand the relationship between legal identity and human rights. Helps me to determine the need and opportunity to help identify relevant actors and understanding their influence. It helps me know how to raise funds, budgeting and ensure sustainability of legal empowerment projects. I know understand how to cultivate lasting productive relationship between the organization and community. Planning, monitoring, managing and learning for success, collecting managing and using data, sustainable funding sources and building a team.

Some help on this.

Please give me a sample of the training curriculum for training paralegals/youth on Nationality and Legal identity? That is, modules/topics to be covered? I am organizing a training for the youth on Nationality and Legal Identity.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step