New Publication from CREA: "All About Power: Understanding Social Power and Power Structures:

This is a fantastic new publication from the feminist human rights organization CREA, based in New Delhi. It includes clearly written, compelling explanations of different forms of power and how they work. The publication was written by Srilatha Batliwala and it’s organized around 5 questions: – Where does power operate? – Where does power come from? – What does power look like? – How is power expressed? – How does power work? As the introduction explains, “When activists try to change people’s lives, or tackle the injustices they face, we are actually trying to change power equations.” Legal empowerment advocates know this–and this publication is a great resource for exploring the different ways power expresses itself.

9 Likes

I don’t know how to describe the beauty of this document about ‘social power’, it very useful. Thanks for sharing. I will use this tool for changing my society

4 Likes

Very useful document. Will be using in my context and work. Thank you.

5 Likes

Few days back I received e copy of CREA’s latest publication ‘All about Power’ and I found it very interesting and I could reflect various aspects we face in our working area. The content is very important and crucial for all of us to understand the layers of power and its impact. This also gives space to reflect on one’s own experiences. For me this book gave answers to many questions I was dealing with while working with self, organization and community.

Thanks to Srilatha for writing this book in such a beautiful way. It was so wonderful that I finished reading it in one go. I recommend this book to all the people working in development sector especially women who are here to bring change in lives of women to understand what is beneath the surface so that the challenges can be addressed with much better understanding.

1 Like

Even your post is power. I am excited with your words @diptatara

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step