Paralegal and Volunteering

Volunteering plays a great role in Paralegal work and its development. Paralegal is required to have the spirit and passion of volunteerism, though there are some kind of paid Paralegal but majority work as volunteers. Now, I have observed that some Paralegal lack the spirit of volunteering and therefore every thing they demand payment in their work. We need to know that we are serving poor people who need legal aid services for the aim of obtaining justice. Some times client come to you to get assistance from rural area lack even transport to return back to his area, you will find that you are required to give him legal aid and transport fee as well. As a Volunteer Consultant I suggest the idea of providing volunteer training before recruiting and after, and even these training should be part of refresher coarse. Also, we can look the side of providing awareness training to school students about Paralegal and aspect of volunteering for the aim of having young and energetic Paralegal at the future. It is great to see Paralegal who are old from different fields and professions since the characteristic of wisdom help them to solve conflicts in good way within the community. Previous month I provided short session training for four Paralegal Unit in Zanzibar about Paralegal and volunteering and I saw the importance of topic to our Paralegal. Volunteers engagement to Paralegal organizations is another area that should be taken into consideration so as to bring efficiency and solve the problem of man power within the organizations I am fan of this statement;- " The strongest people make time to help others even they are struggling with their own personal problems"

3 Likes

I fully agree with you as this is done with love and also wanting to assist disadvantaged communities, however it becomes a challenge if the paralegals providing the services are not getting support for the work they do and are themselves struggling to put food on the table.

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step