Paralegal curriculum

(Vincent Otieno) #1

Dear sir, I am developing a community based paralegal programme and doing a research on how to develop a curriculum. Kindly refer me to any legal empowerment organization in Kenya which have developed one for there training.

Regards

Vincent

(Tobias Eigen) #2

(Nidhisha Philip) #3

@vincentotieno Thank you for your question and apologies for the delayed response. It is really great to know that you are developing a paralegal program in Kenya! We wish you the best of luck in this endeavor and hope you continue to reach out to the Network for support.

Namati has compiled some great resources on setting up a paralegal program here. I would encourage you to go through the ‘basic skills’ tab and explore some of the resources compiled there. Specifically on a curriculum for paralegals in Kenya, there are some resources developed by the Saku Accountability Forum (2016) and the Paralegal Support Network (2003).

There is also an interesting conversation on a code of ethics for community paralegals (Code of conduct and ethics information for community based paralegals) that you might find useful.

Lastly, you can check out some of Namati’s work in Kenya!

(Vincent Otieno) #4

Thank you so much , i wish i could have joined this network sometimes back. Anyway good.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step