This week, Justice For All launches a global policy brief to fight injustice and demand financing and protection for grassroots justice defenders.
Around the world, justice problems still exist as over 4 billion people live outside of the protection of the law. Grassroots justice defenders—those working on the frontlines to deliver access to justice to their communities—remain underfunded and under threat.
Download the policy brief to read over 20 recommendations on how world leaders can close the justice gap.
Recommendations to address financing challenges include:
- Creating a coordinated strategy between donors, governments, and civil society to align resources to finance legal empowerment.
- Assessing how legal empowerment can work beyond the justice sector, and tapping into resources to invest in this work.
- Ensuring that investments in legal empowerment don’t curtail the independence of justice defenders.
Recommendations to address protection challenges include:
- Compelling governments to create safe spaces for civil society to operate.
- Generating evidence of the scale of attacks on justice defenders.
- Ensuring all attacks are fully investigated.
Ways to Get Involved
- Help spread the word on social media using #TipTheScales #JusticeForAll.
- Download the Action Pack to learn more about how to use the policy brief to advance local issues
- Watch the video recording of the webinar, held Wednesday, 23 January 2019, to learn more about the policy brief and other advocacy moments throughout the year. (Simply enter your name and information and you will be provided with the recording)
- How are you planning to share this policy brief with local policymakers? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below below.