Poll: Do you need pro bono legal support?

We are looking into ways to pair our network members with pro bono legal support from global law firms. We’d like to gauge our community’s interest in this opportunity.

Law firms can help civil society organizations with a range of legal issues, such as conducting legal research; advising on employment contracts, leases, MOUs (memorandums of understanding) or personnel policies; assisting with registration, regulatory compliance, court proceedings, and more. The nature of the work can be up to you.

Would you, as a civil society organization promoting legal empowerment, be interested in pro bono legal services? Please answer the poll below.

• Yes, my organization would find pro bono legal services helpful
  • No, my organization does not need pro bono legal services

0 voters

If you answered “yes,” please elaborate on what you need help with, or the kind of legal service you’d find valuable. The more information we have on the needs of our members, the better we will be able to match you with helpful opportunities! Thank you in advance for your input.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information

1 Like

I am fighting a legal case which is violation of employment laws as the founders of the company forced employees to sign a 20 year contract which is more like a “bonded labor” contract. I am fighting the case since 8 years now - a case which should have closed in no time. But such is the legal system. I have spent lot of money and a pro-bono support will be great at this stage as it has reached evidence stage now. Thanks

2 Likes

I hope you will succeed in this case. Please don’t give up

2 Likes

@Mona - Thank you for helping us understand your needs. I’m sorry this case has been so arduous for you and your clients. Keep fighting the good fight!

2 Likes

strong advice. Success legal empowerment need strong commitment

1 Like

Thanks for the information. Our organization would benefit from legal advice on steps to take on issues of compensation for compulsory land takes, benefits due to community members for communal resources once land is taken, Resettlements, approvals of Environmental and social impact studies without assurances to raised concerns and trainings in how to engage with legal processes.

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step