During this pandemic, our global community is well placed to support those most in need and to care for each other. Members of our team are on hand and we are looking to find out how we can best support you! One suggestion that we have is to host a number of webinars or virtual roundtables. We are going to kick this off with a general Justice During a Pandemic webinar on April 14th, 10AM EST, but there are so many topics that deserve more focused attention. We are conducting a quick poll to see what would be of most interest - Please vote below or add suggestions about what you would rather discuss in the comments below.
- Ways to reduce violence against women and ensure justice for women during a pandemic
- Protecting civic space and access to information during a pandemic
- Sustaining environmental gains when the pandemic is over
- Protecting grassroots justice defenders and human rights during a pandemic
- Financing for COVID-19 should support legal empowerment efforts
- Supporting prisoners rights during a pandemic
- Protecting frontline health workers and rights of patients
- Preventing evictions and ensuring housing rights
- Legal Empowerment during a pandemic: Lessons from ebola affected countries
- Protecting the rights of those without legal identity, refugees and those living in IDP camps/detention centers
If there are other ways that you think our team can support you right now, please let us know.
Stay safe and healthy.