There are numerous donors and grant-making groups in the world, many of whom offer recurring grant opportunities in human rights, access to justice and legal empowerment fields. This is not a comprehensive list whatsoever, but a start to some of the different donors and we encourage additions or suggestions on an on-going basis.
- Open Society Foundations
- The Ford Foundation
- The Asia Foundation
- Global Fund for Human Rights
- American Jewish World Service
- Global Fund for Women
- The Norwegian Human Rights Fund
- Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training
- Impact Fund Grants Program
- The Special Fund – A Focus on Torture Prevention (accepting proposals January - 1 March each year)
This is also an excellent publication titled: “Funding Resources for Community-based Groups in Africa” published by Urgent Action Fund - Africa focusing on women’s human rights, which includes many large donor organizations and also some specific to Africa:
Please feel free to contribute any useful additions!