Regional Partnership for Legal Empowerment in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Discussion Point: paralegals development
Topic: “How to develop a paralegals community? Paralegals’ response to challenges in communities" (part 1)
Date and Duration: November 17, 2022, 4 p.m. (Kyiv time), 2 hours
Format: panel discussion with elements of workshop
There are so many challenges in the Region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Paralegals, grassroots initiatives help people to overcome the challenges and protect the human rights. This event will be devoted to the Ukrainian paralegals model, motivation in the Legal empowerment process and experiences in overcoming challenges.
Questions to discuss:
- the model of paralegals in Ukraine,
- motivation of communities to protect their rights,
- motivation of the paralegal community to help others,
- the case of Ukraine on the work of paralegals in communities to overcome the challenges of war.
Practical part / practical tools:
- workshop on building a community (from a group of people to a community with an organizational structure)