Restoring glory to Shelly Beach Likoni in Mombasa, Kenya

Merry Christmass Everyone. We celebrated Christmass in Shelly Beach Likoni. Shelly was once a tourist hot spot .The Kayabombo tribal war saw the razing down of the Multi million 5star hotel in 1998.The remains of the high cost facility speaks volumes. Next to it is a public beach which the locals frequent as a relaxing spot. We picked on the spot with a stage, music, skids, poets, talent search etc. Shelly has never realized such a crowd. We rocked. A reapeat on New year EVE.

1 Like

Merry, merry Christmas, Mary and warm season’s greetings to everyone choosing to look in on the forum over the holidays! :christmas_tree: I have spent the last several days with my family, offline and without logging into my computer once, and am feeling much refreshed. I’ll be here a few hours a day now until the new year, keeping watch on our online platform and the community email mailbox while most everyone else is on break.

Thanks for sharing this great photo and news from your community on Christmas day. It’s lovely to see your dedication to contributing to our forum and it is appreciated. I would love to see more photos from more members from celebrations of all kinds from all over the world.

I myself used to come to Mombasa when I was a teenager, to enjoy the beach and the hot weather. I did not go to Shelly Beach in Likoni but can visualize in my mind what you are describing and it is tragic to hear that the hotel was razed but also wonderful to see these pictures of community members coming back and making very good use of the space. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, on Christmas day! Where there is life, there is hope, and you are giving us much to reflect on and take hope in from Mombasa. Thank you.

1 Like

Sunset. This pic is Unique.Amazing

It is massively photoshopped, and I found it online so don’t want to take too much credit for it. :cowboy_hat_face: If you look closely you can see the phoenix rising.

1 Like