Seeking for evidence documentation technical support

(Vuthy Sem) #1

Dear all beloved NAMATI friends,

This is Vuthy Sem. I am now working with the community along the Mekong River in Cambodia to promoted community rights to hydro power dam development and to sure the affected community is being fully participated in the decision making process. We are believing in power of people along with using the existing legal system by putting those into the people hand so they can take an appropriate action in term of their community collective benefit and raise their concerns to the relevant stakeholder and the government to take an appropriates step to fulfill its obligation against any kind of human rights violation.

Coming up from this initiative ideas, I am interested to learn about how the paralegal work in your individual experiences. I, myself would interested to collects any kind of the document that could be usable as the evidences based for the community in the long run advocacy strategy as they are facing with a massive mega hydro development project.

I am wondering if any of our member here has any experiences in doing this. I also interested to get more in touch with you all individually or in the group depending on your available time.

Thanks in advance for your kindly sharing this practical experiences.

Kindly Regards,

VS

(Natamba Joanita) #2

Hallo Vuthy, Thank you for sharing. I have a few ideas I can share, Conduct an impact assessment session. Take down stories from the various affected persons through using questionnaires as what rights are violated and how they are violated. Take photos of the events of violation of those rights then you have audios and videos of them. Through this, you will be informed on how they community members can equally benefit from the project and you advocate for that. Kind regads Joan

(Vuthy Sem) #3

Dear Joan,

Pretty much thanks and highly appreciated for spending your time in reading this with your thoughtful advice.

It was really useful ideas.

I will get in touch with you more if I need anything.

Bests,

Vuthy

(Ashley van Waes) #4

Dear @Vuthy,

Thank you for your work to ensure community rights on the Mekong River! You might find the the Community Land Protection Facilitators Guide useful. Here is a brief description:

“Namati’s Community Land Protection Facilitators Guide is a step-by-step, practical “how to” manual for grassroots advocates working to help communities protect their customary claims and rights to land and natural resources.”

You can download the resource for free here:

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help you find!

Best,
Ashley

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step