Small grant opportunity: Climate Change - Africa Opportunities

Climate Change - Africa Opportunities (CCAO) and its partners are looking for approaches, startups and local initiatives from young green entrepreneurs, women and indigenous communities carrying knowledge (traditional and or modern), new ideas and offering initiatives and or likely to offer innovative indigenous, or technological services, solutions to improve African resilience to the challenges of climate change and to this end contribute to the promotion and defense of environmental justice and the reduction of poverty in a perspective of environmental protection, biodiversity and rational management of natural resources in Africa.

PARTICIPANTS MUST:

1. Have the nationality of an African country at the time of their registration.
  2. Be over 18 years of age at the time of registration.
  3. To have new ideas, startups and initiatives offering and or likely to offer services, indigenous and / or innovative technological solutions to improve African resilience to the challenges of climate change.
  4. Have been incorporated as a non-profit, for-profit or hybrid organization, or have a tax sponsor.
  5. Fluent in English and / or French (the winners may be involved in activities that require a good command of English or French).

The winners (up to 10) of the competition will:

• Receive a prize ranging from $ 1,000 to $ 5,000 depending on the quality of the initiative presented;
  • As soon as the winners are announced, they will be highlighted on the public networks of Climate Change-Africa OpportunitĂ© (CCAO) and its partners;
  • The 10 winners will be invited to participate in an accelerator raising their skills on systemic and collective impact with Climate Change-Africa OpportunitĂ© (CCAO) and its partners.

Due in July 2020 (exact date unclear)

2 Likes

I am new in this platform but your most welcome and rely I thank you people for your doing. I am also interested in small grant opportunity for climate change in Africa partly Uganda.

Hi all , am a member here and my organisation is register and doing great here in kiserian .kenya …i deal with needy kids and singles parents and we can start trees planting programs we have places we can plant this trees or give community to plants in their home to help towards climate changes …we apply for this small grants the grants we will buy seeds of trees and start the projects .we have places where to buy seeds …also right now schools are closed because of covid19 , the school students and school pupils will help us to plants the trees in their homes also in goverments areas where they is no trees

Regards DANIEL