Climate Change - Africa Opportunities (CCAO) and its partners are looking for approaches, startups and local initiatives from young green entrepreneurs, women and indigenous communities carrying knowledge (traditional and or modern), new ideas and offering initiatives and or likely to offer innovative indigenous, or technological services, solutions to improve African resilience to the challenges of climate change and to this end contribute to the promotion and defense of environmental justice and the reduction of poverty in a perspective of environmental protection, biodiversity and rational management of natural resources in Africa.
- Have the nationality of an African country at the time of their registration.
- Be over 18 years of age at the time of registration.
- To have new ideas, startups and initiatives offering and or likely to offer services, indigenous and / or innovative technological solutions to improve African resilience to the challenges of climate change.
- Have been incorporated as a non-profit, for-profit or hybrid organization, or have a tax sponsor.
- Fluent in English and / or French (the winners may be involved in activities that require a good command of English or French).
The winners (up to 10) of the competition will:
- Receive a prize ranging from $ 1,000 to $ 5,000 depending on the quality of the initiative presented;
- As soon as the winners are announced, they will be highlighted on the public networks of Climate Change-Africa Opportunité (CCAO) and its partners;
- The 10 winners will be invited to participate in an accelerator raising their skills on systemic and collective impact with Climate Change-Africa Opportunité (CCAO) and its partners.
Due in July 2020 (exact date unclear)