The smelling state of our Police cells and correctional facilities in Nigeria and Africa

I had a child theft case that I’ve been working on for almost a month now, but the police have been uncooperative to track down the culprits who bought the child, despite arresting the suspect who stole the child and sold him to the culprits, I went to the station to see the officer in charge of the case, passing through the cells to his office, I was greeted with a very bad smell coming out from the cells where human beings were detained. I looked into the eyes of the detainees standing on the door way that was locked and I saw frustration and and anger in their eyes. I was told the officer had taken some suspects to court, so I left the station to the court detention cells to find him but when I got there the smell from the cells in the court house was worse than that of the police station cells. Lawyers were in there talking to their clients in that unhealthy condition and bad smell coming out of the cells. I I stood back and looked at the situation with pains in my heart, what on earth is this I wondered, the state of our Police cells and correctional facilities in Nigeria and Africa is worst than where animals are kept and still no one is doing anything about it.

1 Like

Whats worse, we are reminded to pay tax.

2 Likes

Sad sad development and we need to do something serious and urgent about it

1 Like

Thanks Linda, I will let you know how far I’ve gone and what I actually need to support me in this venture

1 Like