The World of writing for societal transformation

When I take a look at the greatest writers of all times, they were trying to display some message in society. Right away from William Shakespeare whose most plays were criticizing social evils, to Charles Dickens who thru Oliver Twist was displaying the gross class discrimination in the English society. So recently a young woman Patra Lucile, student at Uganda’s biggest University - Makerere, has authored a play titled VIRGIN WIDOW, exposing the society evil of sexual violence in Uganda. I think this is a good initiative and inspiration to all activists, to use their writing skills as well to shape society.

I encourage everyone to get themselves a copy for this book, for a better understanding of problem causes in an African Society

1 Like

Hi Prosper, i would like to get a copy of this book “VIRGIN WIDOW” how do i get it?

1 Like

I thank you for interest in authors and the references to the books you have made. I look forward to reading the new book the title of which is most gravitating.Lanyero joins the P’bitek literary minds! Best regards,

WILLIAM ACHOL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Corruption Brakes Crusade (COBRA), P.O.Box 972, Lira District,Juba Road, Central Division,Lira Municipal Council. VISION: A vibrant,patriotic prosperous,and democratic society.

1 Like

Where is the book obtainable from?

1 Like

The book is best accessible from the author. You can email her at [email protected]