Tips on searching our resource library for specific paralegal resources

I recently received a message from @AndrewExavery asking for specific resources

about helping young lawyers working with paralegals in the community.

I thought I would share my response here as an opportunity to present tips for searching our network’s resource library for very specific resources that may be helpful for other practitioners.

• In the How to develop a community paralegal program resource guide, click on the “Basic Skills” heading from the left hand menu, and then select “Litigation” for resources on lawyers interacting with paralegals through public interest and other means. For instance, I found this resource which deals directly with what you are looking for:

https://namati.org/resources/engaging-with-young-lawyers-and-paralegals/

• If you go the the resource library home page, you can click on any of the main ‘tags’ on the left hand column and the search results will be related to that thematic issue area or method (or target population or region, etc.). For example, here are the search results for Providing Legal Aid, and here is the link for search results related to Litigation.
  • Lastly, if your request or area of interest is very specific, I would encourage you to post publicly here in our community discussion forum asking other practitioners for tips or resources, and we will try to link to other practitioners in the network who work in that area as well.

Hope that is helpful!

2 Likes