Top downloaded resources for 2019 đź“š

Dear friends,

The Resource Library is one of the Global Legal Empowerment Network’s most popular features, containing more than 1500 resources on legal empowerment and access to justice -in different languages, and across different thematic issues-.

The Resource Library aims to help you and your organization/community in your daily legal empowerment efforts, by offering tools, guidelines, and learnings for practitioners. Therefore, seeing which resources are most popular helps us to understand how the Resource Library is helping you!

Ready to see if there are any resources that you might have not discovered yet?! :rocket:

1. Guide to Organizing and Working with Community-based Paralegals (English & Burmese versions) by Namati and MyJustice (@yeyinth)

2. Sample Organizational Gender Policy by the S M Sehgal Foundation (@Jane_Schukoske)

3. Resources starting with the words “Paralegal training” [go to the Resource Library and type “Paralegal training” in the search bar to find out which resources there are]

4. Community-Investor Negotiation Guide 1: Preparing in Advance for Potential Investors & Community-Investor Negotiation Guide 2: Negotiating Contracts with Investors by Namati and the Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (@rachaelknight, @sam_szoke_burke, @marenabrinkhurst, @KaitlinC & @tehtenamebratu)

5. Community Land Protection Facilitators Guide (English and French versions) by Rachael Knight (@rachaelknight), Marena Brinkhurst (@marenabrinkhurst), Jaron Vogelsang (@jaronvogelsang), and Namati’s Community Land Protection partner organizations

6. Community Action Guide on Community-Led Research (including We’re experts too! Checklist to support community led research & the Survey Template for Community-led Research ) by the International Accountability Project

7. Training Manual on Gender-Based Violence by Justice for Children (@Chinga)

8. Technology for Legal Empowerment: A Global Review by The Engine Room @tomwalker and @paola

9. Monthly Report Template for Legal Officers by the Uganda Network on Law Ethics and HIV/AIDS (UGANET) (@Immy_O)

10. Illustrated Cases of the Supreme Court of India by Justice Adda and Manupatra

11. Practice Guide for Environmental Justice Paralegals by the Centre for Policy Research-Namati Environmental Justice Program

12. What is a Community Paralegal? by Namati

13. Community-Based Paralegals: A Practitioner’s Guide by the Open Society Justice Initiative

14. The Case to Fund and Protect Grassroots Justice Defenders by Namati (@abigailmoy, @staceycram & @vivekmaru)

Have you checked any of these resources?

• Yes, I have checked at least one of these resources!
  • No, I haven’t yet

0 voters

Seeing this list of top downloaded resources in 2019, are you interested in checking some of them?

• Yes, definitely!
  • No

0 voters

Which of the top downloaded resources are you most interested in?

• Guide to Organizing and Working with Community-based Paralegals
  • Sample Organizational Gender Policy
  • Resources starting with the words “Paralegal training”
  • Community-Investor Negotiation Guides
  • Community Land Protection Facilitators Guide
  • Community Action Guide on Community-Led Research
  • Training Manual on Gender-Based Violence
  • Technology for Legal Empowerment: A Global Review
  • Monthly Report Template for Legal Officers
  • Illustrated Cases of the Supreme Court of India
  • Practice Guide for Environmental Justice Paralegals
  • What is a Community Paralegal?
  • Community-Based Paralegals: A Practitioner’s Guide
  • The Case to Fund and Protect Grassroots Justice Defenders

0 voters

Please, add your comments regarding the top downloaded resources by commenting below. We would love to hear from you!

Best,

Marta, Michael, Tobias and the rest of the Global Legal Empowerment Network team

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this list, @martaalmela - it is always interesting to see which resources are being accessed the most from our nearly 1800 available resources.

I also wanted to mention @Tom_Weerachat and @Thien of IAP for coming in with an impressive #6 for IAP’s Community Action Guide on Community-led research! And @Jane_Schukoske, @Chinga, @paola, and @Immy_O - nice to see you all in the top 10 a long side Namati country program contributions!

3 Likes

Hi all, May you a good day. It’s nice to see you all. Thank you @michaelotto for looping me in and thanks @martaalmela for sharing the list. This is exciting and inspiring update for IAP. I just share this good news with my team. We are now distributing the Community Action Guide in Portuguese, Spanish, Thai and Vietnamese as well so that it will reach out directly to more local communities. All the best, Thien

4 Likes

Hi @Thien, thank you for sharing this update. We will make sure to upload the Community Action Guide in the other available languages as I am sure it will be very popular among the Thai, Vietnamese, Spanish and Portuguese speaking Network members! :rocket:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Guide to work with Community based Paralegal is my favorite resource since I downloaded in 2019, this apply as my tool in Paralegal training.

3 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step