We now have a new president (former lower house speaker) elected recently as the old one resigned. His name is U Win Myint. And the good news is that he has put “land grabbing issues” as one priority. You can view the president’s 3 goals and 10 priorities below. Thanks for the chance to share with you all.
- Rule of law and improvement of the socio-economic life of the people,
- National Reconciliation and internal peace,
- Amending the Constitution which is the foundation for building a Democratic Federal Republic.
Top Priority To Carry Out
- It is very important for our peoples, government employees and civil servants to change their dogmatic mindset and habits.
- Those government institutions which are lagging behind in the transformation process will need to be put under tight management controls.
- The country’s weak judiciary system would need to be strengthened.
- More efforts need to be exerted to stamp out corruption.
- More efforts need to be exerted to prevent human rights violations.
- More efforts need to be exerted to crack down illegal drug trade.
- We need to manage public funds properly so that there is no wastage.
- Measures need to be taken to return confiscated farmland to farmers and to give compensation to farmers for losses they have suffered in accordance with the law.
- We also need to improve the socio-economic life of farmers, improve the lives of workers and ensure that students gain access to higher education.