Training Programme: HRBA: Justice & Security Sector Reform – OJIR23
2023 Dates: Monday 19th June 2023 to Friday 23rd June 2023
Venue: National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland
Now in its 18th year, this annual IHRN training programme aims at enhancing the skills of justice sector personnel, consultants, managers etc., in applying Human Rights Based Approaches to Justice Sector Reform. The programme is designed for people working in the justice sector (with state or non-state institutions) or undertaking Rule of law/Governance assignments (e.g. UN, EU, CoE and bi-lateral donors) as well as justice sector personnel wishing to adapt their expertise for international consultancy work.
Knowledge and skills enhanced include:
- The legal principles, policies & practice underpinning HRBA to justice sector reform
- The inter-linkages between sector roles (law enforcement, judiciary, corrections/rehabilitation, etc.)
- The relationship between the justice sector and the ‘security sector’, ‘rule of law’, ‘good governance’
- Human Rights Based needs assessment, programme design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation
- Programming tools & checklists (including benchmarks & indicators of human rights change)
- Case studies from national contexts and international field missions (including conflict and post-conflict)
- Teamwork, advocacy, strategic partnerships and international work opportunities in the sector
Further information, application details, testimonials etc can be found at the following link: HRBA: Justice & Security Sector Reform
Application process: Please complete the application form below. Any queries can be address ed to email@example.com with ‘OJIR23’ in the subject line. The programme fee is 1000 euro for payments received by 24th February 2023 - covering tuition, materials, lunch and refreshments during the programme. The fee after that date is 1475 euro.
Details of the criteria and application process for an IHRN Scholarship for this programme in 2023 are available here. Please note that applications are processed on an on-going basis, so the earlier an application is received the better. The latest deadline for receiving completed scholarship applications for this programme is the 24 March 2023.