Using the community-investor guides to support a community in Kenya develop a useful contract with an investor

(David Arach) #1

Hi @rachaelknight, @sam_szoke_burke, and @sonkitaconteh

I hope you are all doing well.

Earlier today I talked to @MwikambaMwambi, Country Coordinator of Natural Resources Alliance of Kenya (KeNRA). He mentioned that a community in Kenya has approached his organization for support to develop a meaningful contract with a potential investor. @MwikambaMwambi knows that Namati and CCSI recently developed two guides. Guide 1; preparing communities in advance and Guide 2; negotiating contracts with investors. He wishes to use the guides as he works with the community.

While we talked, he asked what practical and logistical preparations he needs to be able to take on this task. I thought I should put him in contact with you all considering you played leading roles in the development of the guides. This could provide an opportunity to understand how the guides can be implemented.

Mr. Mwambi please meet Rachael, Sam, and Sonkitah. Feel free to ask them any questions. Likewise, Rachael, Sam, and Sonkitah feel free to engage Mwambi as he embarks on the task to support the community.

cc; @jaronvogelsang, @eileenwakesho, @davidarach

Regards,

David

2 Likes

(Rachael Knight) #2

Dear David,

Can we please move this discussion to e-mail? I would much prefer it.

Warmly,

Rachael

0 Likes

(David Arach) #3

OK. I will move this discussion to email.

David

0 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step