Vote now for the #WalkTogether Prize for Courage!

Last October Namati, in partnership with The Elders, UNDP, and the World Justice Project, launched the 2017 Grassroots Justice Prize, a competition to highlight the inspiring work being done around the world to put the power of law in people’s hands. Click here to add your vote!

We received around 170 amazing and inspiring submissions of organizations from all over the world. A judging panel conformed by 13 high-level practitioners and academics from the field, will define the winners of The Achmed Dean Sesay Memorial Prize for Innovation and The Nomboniso Nangu Maqubela Memorial Prize for Scalability and Sustainability.

The #WalkTogether Prize for Courage winner will be defined by public voting. We have narrowed down the candidates for the #WalkTogether Prize for Courage to ten organizations that help people to know, use, or shape the law to advance justice in their country.

Now it is up to you, the public, to choose which of the finalists will win the US$10,000 prize. Which organization do you think best demonstrates courage in the face of extraordinary challenges? ​​

Use the link below to find information about the finalists and vote for them until January 21st!

https://www.justiceprize.org/vote.html

Help us to spread the word on Twitter and Facebook.

CC: @namati_staff

11 Likes

I added my vote and shared on twitter and facebook. Now it’s your turn to vote and share, fellow network members! :rocket:

The grassroots justice prize is a wonderful celebration of the courageous and valuable work being done by grassroots justice organizations around the world, and I am amazed by all the organizations who were nominated and I know tough choices had to be made to narrow down the list to these 10 finalists for the #WalkTogether prize. Wow.

I’m proud to be a part of this initiative! Congratulations @lucianabercovich @mckinleycharles and everyone on the @namati_network team who put in the hard work to make it such a success!

4 Likes

Gah! So hard to choose! The issues they tackle are all so critical – violence against women, LGBTI, migrants’ rights, etc. – and the work they all do in the face of such adversity is astounding.

6 Likes

For Justicia y Libertad is amazing be part of ten finalist. When our team read about differents organizations and their extraordinary staff in the vote list, felt so proud of be part of #WalkTogether Prize for Courage and be countributing to the global team who bending the curve. :fist:

9 Likes