INDIGENOUS PEOPLES AND PHILANTHROPY
Wednesday 18 November / 15:00 - 16:00 GMT (Check your local time here)
Indigenous Peoples encompass more than 370 million people in over 90 countries and their territories cover almost a quarter of the world’s land surface.
In this webinar, Alliance magazine will demonstrate why it is necessary to make the diverse needs, aspirations and contributions of Indigenous communities more central to the global philanthropy conversation.
- Jemimah Kerenge - Global Director, Land is Life
- Mónica Alemán - Senior Program Officer for BUILD, Ford Foundation
- Lourdes Inga - Executive Director, International Funders for Indigenous Peoples (IFIP)
- Andrew Milner - (Moderator) Associate Editor, Alliance magazine
Questions will include:
- What can and should societies do to forward the cause of Indigenous peoples and what contribution do Indigenous peoples make to those societies?
- Why should the philanthropy world recognise that support and funding for the self-determination efforts led by Indigenous Peoples are critical?
- What are the most promising Indigenous-led funds and funding models?
- How can non-Indigenous funders working more effectively with Indigenous Peoples?