Webinar: Women and Land Rights (14 February, 2018)

Access the full recording here

In this webinar we examined the most effective strategies to combat diminishing women’s land rights within communities.

Women currently own less than 20% of the world’s land, despite being half of the world’s population. In more than half of all countries, women lack the basic right of land ownership and do not receive equal inheritance rights. Customary rules that functioned in the past to ensure that women’s and children’s land rights were secure have in recent years been modified and manipulated to legitimize land dispossession from women and children in the context of increasing land scarcity.

We were joined by @rachaelknight (Namati) and @teresaeilu (Land and Equity Movement of Uganda).

If you were unable to make this webinar, access the recording now and use this forum to connect with the presenters.

@WomensRights

7 Likes

I am very excited about hosting this webinar on Wednesday, 14 February, which is shaping up to be a very illuminating discussion about women and land rights with @rachaelknight and colleagues at one of my favorite :star: core member organizations, the Land and Equity Movement of Uganda. :uganda:

It’s not too late to register! Tell your friends! Here’s the link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4125151412041901314

cc: @WomensRights @exchange_2016kenya @exchange_2016tanzania @namati_clp @namati_network

cc LEMU colleagues: @LizNeate @Aling @RobertOjok @susanakot @suzaneirau @teresaeilu

2 Likes

I received a question by email:

How do we integrate Women and Land rights into Multi Stakeholder Partnerships discussions, researchers and dialogues? Are there existing tools for learning and collaboration from best practices?

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step