When law is subject to politics land rights may remain on paper. Discuss! The issue of power, who has it, what interests they have is crucial to understanding policy

When law is subject to politics land rights may remain on paper. Discuss!

The issue of power, who has it, what interests they have is crucial to understanding policy.

3 Likes

I was very interesting to the topic above, but my question will be at what circumstances we can say the law that grant rights to land owner can be subjected to politic power?. On my experience politics can affect the land rights but not the politics defeat the laws. You can talk more about what you want us to discuss.

1 Like

Syrus laws are made and changed by those in power to suit there interests at the time. Even when this is not the case enforcement is done by those in power. This is very true for young democracies.

1 Like

it’s a common saying that law and politics are inseparable. members of parliament do the politiciking to deliever serivces.

the law making process has stages therefore laws that regulate land, highly arise through politics of the country.

1 Like

Exactly Power holders determine land rights.

1 Like

It is true that politics control everything, the citizens should know their role in the politics and act in other to demand for the application of the law. Politicians can’t give you justice, and if not demanded it remains on paper. That is why financing justice defenders is very crucial in other to empower the people, to demand for justice against injustice.

2 Likes

I agree. I am writing a book to sensize people on their political rights and obligations. I hope it will go a long way in this regard.

3 Likes

After finishing to write your book, please share with us

2 Likes

Looking forward to reading this book.

David

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step