Workshop: Community- based Paralegal Approaches: Legal Empowerment in Myanmar (19 May 2015)

Namati Myanmar Team is pleased to invite you to our half-day paralegal workshop hosted by Namati on 19th May (9:00 A.M-12:00 P.M) at MiCasa Hotel, Yangon. This launch event will bring together organizations who are already implementing paralegal programs or will soon start paralegal work in Myanmar.

The workshop is focused on very practical discussions around paralegal implementation - a forum for legal empowerment practitioners to exchange paralegal experiences, best practices, approaches and ideas to advance justice in Myanmar.

Plans for the agenda will include:

• Modes of Action: How Paralegals Work
  • Context of Paralegal Trainings &Requirement
  • Paralegal Supervision & Working with Institutions
  • Case Data Collection and Reporting

This workshop is the first in a series of paralegal-related events that Namati will convene in Myanmar this year. This legal empowerment events will be a space to learn and share Paralegal Methods, Success and Challenges among paralegal organizations.It will bring to promoting and documenting learning paralegal model aimed at growing grassroots paralegal movements around country by increasing community paralegal and legal aid efforts.

6 Likes

I would like to organise similar workshops here in Papua New Guinea. Who are your agents here?

1 Like

Hi Ma Khin Htet Wai, As I have been away wwhenyou staged workshop last May,I can not attend the work shop.Me and some paralegal-LIKE actibist from Kyaik Latt and Phyapon ,Mawlamying kyune -like Delta region are interested as your capacity allowed. I hope we can hope next chance and pls let me know when the next work shop is scheduled? hsw

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your message. Right now, we don’t have agents in there.

Hi Sayar, thanks for your message. We will definitely have another paralegal workshop next couple of months and will invite you after we have schedule it. Hope to see you again.

1 Like

Dear sayarma, Can I have some lesson notes as a reference in your office last paralegal training? HSW

2 Likes

I hope this 1st series of the Namati workshop on paralegal went on well, @KhinHtetWai can you please share the workshop notes.

1 Like

I’m glad to see these events starting to be made available here, and look forward to finding out along with everyone else about upcoming workshop opportunities in Myanmar and beyond.

@KhinHtetWai: Do note when sharing notes that topics in these categories are available to the public. So do redact email addresses and any details that should remain confidential.

1 Like