Zambian presidential candidate's xenophobic manifesto challenged

I have brought a petition before the constitutional court challenging the qualification of a presidential candidate whose manifesto is centered on a Foreigners Expulsion Policy, which I believe is xenophobic. The aim is to ensure that the xenophobic presidential candidate is disqualified; to prevent him from further promoting his xenophobic manifesto; to shrink his support base; and to send a message to all politicians that xenophobic manifestos will never be allowed to see the light of day in Zambian election campaigns. As far as human and humanitarian rights go, I believe that an African can not be a foreigner in Africa, nor can any person be a foreigner anywhere on Earth.

2 Likes

This issue Wellingtone I thought it was just a mare fabrication. No wonder his manifesto is not known to the general Zambian population, it will be a grave mistake for us Zambian to allow xenophobic in a Christian Nation.

1 Like

Dear @WellingtoneKulula, this news has greatly caught my attention. I would like to learn more, may you kindly share with me a copy of the manifesto, if that’s alright?

I agree that Africans should work together and put aside xenophobic notions. We are stronger together!

1 Like

@Rachel Magege, Hello. Thanks for taking interest. I will share the manifesto shortly. Xenophobia appears to be growing on the continent, this is becoming clear.

1 Like

@johnmasuwa Hello. Thanks for your interest. I was equally shocked to learn of this manifesto, and that he is quite adamant on it. The idea of him gaining more followers is concerning.

FOREIGNERS EXPULSION POLICY

FOREIGNERS EXPLUSION POLICY OUTLINED